Thursday 16 September 2010

Matterhorn trip


Packing for the Alps today - usual thing, what to take, what not to take, keep it light or prepare for all eventualities ? Which boots ? Which rope ? Which rucsac ? Will it be cold ? Will it be hot ? etc.
This trip we are taking the truck, so no limits with weight, which means we'll probably take to much ! Last years experience at Geneva airport ( when I was stopped from carrying my ropes on as hand luggage - causing a  few stressful moments ! ) persuaded us to drive this year. It's been 15 years since the last time I drove and I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it, hopefully it'll be worth it. Webcams are showing our proposed route ( The Liongrat ) to be suffering a little from the unsettled weather - alternating dry and snow free to a light covering of snow - fingers crossed for some good weather !

No comments: